Well I have finally got some paint onto the 3D printed Confederate ships I printed out a while back, these took a lot longer than normal, not really sure why, but now they are finally done they will be great in my games of Blood Sweat & Iron.
They are all painted and varnished, all that needs to be done now is to print out some small name plates for their bases so that I can tell which ship is which when on the table.
All the ships had a real quick paint job, no great works of art here I am afraid, just the basic tabletop standard as a I have heard said about my painting in the past “they look great at arm’s length!!” 😊
I wasn’t as happy this time with the river effect on the bases, it took a lot longer than the previous ones I have done and I did struggle a bit to get it looking like I wanted, also for some reason the camera picked out the greens on the bases and made them look a lot brighter than they actually are!! Very odd.
But the bases are done and I will not be re-painting them!
I am also still not 100% happy with the CSS Alabama and its rigging, again it will be ok for gaming but will not win any awards!!
So next on the painting table is the Union ships, I only have about 10 of these to do so should be a lot quicker to get done.